In some situations, when some applications are installed, it is difficult to completely uninstall them, such as advanced mac cleaner, mackeeper, macfly pro,etc. How to properly uninstall these apps on Mac/MacBook Pro?
If you just drag the application directly to the Track Can, it means that the application has not been completely deleted. The leftover files associated with application are not removed. Actually, if you want to clean them all, you must go to different folders, and in these folders, you should find out the leftover files associated with application. Which related leftover files need to be deleted? Now, we will show you how to manually delete them all as following:
- Located the binary and dock icons in “/Applications”
- Related application support files that located in “~/Library/Application”
- Support Caches are located in “/Library/Caches/” and “~/Library/Caches”
- Plugins can be found in “~/Library/Address Book Plug-Ins/”
- App preferences are located in “~/Library/Preferences/”
- Crash Reports can be found in “~/Library/Application Support/CrashReporter/”
- Application Saved States are found in “~/Library/Saved Application State/”
There may be many hidden files in these folders, which makes it impossible for users to see and delete. It can be seen that manually removing the applications is not easy, even if you know how to do. In addition, only these files associated with the application can be deleted, others can not be removed, but, the related files are often not easy to be located by users.
Now, we recommend some utilities, such as iMac Cleaner, Elimisoft App Uninstaller to uninstall apps on Mac / MacBook Pro.
How to uninstall apps on Mac with Elimisoft App Uninstaller?
We take uninstalling “CleanMyMac X” as example.
- Launch “Elimisoft App Uninstaller” .
- Click “Scan” to find all apps installed on Mac
- Select the app you want to uninstall from Mac
- Click “Uninstall” to remove.
- Click “Finish” to complete the process of uninstalling.