Uninstall Avast Manually
You can manually remove Avast. To do this, follow the steps below.
- Quit Avast.
- Remove Avast from Applications Folder.
- Delete its related files from Library folder, such as:
- ~Library /Application Support /Avast
*NOTE: In order to open Library folder, in the Menu Finder bar, right click mouse, select Go to Folder, type ~/Library and click Go to open it.
Use Elimisoft App Uninstaller to Uninstall Avast
Elimisoft App Uninstaller is a very efficient utility that allows you to uninstall applications on your Mac completely and securely. Use this uninstaller to remove the software with just a few clicks:
- Launch App Uninstaller. Click Scan Button
- Select Avast.
- Click the Uninstall button.
App Uninstaller will find all the associated files for the app, so there won’t be any leftovers on the Mac after it’s deleted. And by manually deleting, it is often easy to keep the relevant program leftovers.